RE: virus: Tetsuro Tanaka: Philosophy of Struggle

From: Blunderov (squooker@mweb.co.za)
Date: Wed Apr 21 2004 - 14:16:08 MDT

    [Blunderov]
    Interesting fellow.
    Best Regards

    <q>
    My name is Tetsuro Tanaka. I have been struggling against Corporate
    Fascism for 21 years since I was fired by OKI Denki, one of the largest
    electronics companies in Japan.

    In large Japanese companies such as Oki Denki employees are expected to
    show complete obedience and loyalty.

    They try to control their employees minds, manipulating even political
    beliefs and religious faith.

    Those who refuse to take loyalty tests, or who criticize company policy,
    are discriminated and harassed.

    In June 1980, after 1300 employees were dismissed, I ran for the OKI
    labor union election, to criticize the company's discrimination.
    After the election, I was deprived of my regular job and, as a warning
    to others, I got a transfer order. When I refused, I was fired.

    Since then, every morning I have stood at the gate of OKI Denki,
    speaking and singing songs and encouraging people to stop tolerating
    Corporate Fascism.
    </q>

    <q>
    Tetsuro Tanaka: Philosophy of Struggle

    Philosophy of Struggle
    Article by Tetsuro Tanaka

    I would like to write down the knowledge I learned in my struggle. Anger
    and hatred are different. The struggle coming from an anger against an
    injustice can make people happy. The action came from hatred towards
    trying to make others unhappy. It has strong power for a short time, but
    it will gradually destroy you.

    When you struggle against a powerful opponent. Trying to defeat and
    trying not to be defeated are different. Even if the opponent is strong,
    so you can't defeat him, you can not be defeated. When you continue the
    struggle, sometimes it has meaning for society, and actually has the
    "meaning of winning."

    Know your own weaknesses.To not be defeated, you should recognize your
    own weaknesses, physically, mentally, economically, and socially. To not
    be defeated, you should recognize your organizations weakness,
    structurally, logically, economically, and socially. Find virtue in your
    enemy, find evil in yourselves.

    Usually people think they are right, and that enemies are wrong. But
    there is no person 100% good or 100% wrong. We should always recognize
    that selfishness will appear in our minds and try to control that.
    Especially we should not trust too many of our leaders.

    Hatred makes enemies strong When your opponent is wrong you should
    accuse it severely and logically. But you should not negate the whole
    personality of the opponent. You should accuse or criticize them,
    keeping in mind that they may still have virtuous thoughts. When you
    accuse them with a mind full of hate it amplifies their hatred against
    you, and make them strong.

    When you find the opponents weak point you should attack it. But
    sometime through the attacking, you create your own weak points. You
    should use caution when speaking so that your words may not be used
    against you to the point that you may be arrested or accused as a
    defamation. You will get revenge and be exhausted, and your solidarity
    will be broken.

    You should attack carefully and not allow yourself to be destroyed
    before your opponent is destroyed Trust and depend on some body are
    different things. A person in a struggle should not depend on
    supporters.

    If your request is betrayed by your supporters you may bear a grudge. We
    should have gratitude when our supporters support us. If they don't
    support us we shouldn't bear a grudge. My motto is "to hope for support
    but not depend on it"

    You shouldn't try to keep your supporters from departing from you, after
    you show them the principles of your struggle. Sometimes your supporters
    may become bigger enemies than the opponent of your struggle.

    The struggling person should always show his principles clearly to
    supporters and society. Why are you struggling? To what purpose are you
    struggling?

    In the case of a struggle against wrongful dismissal, even if the
    purpose is only to make the company withdraw their dismissal, it is
    important to show the aim of the struggle. The aim being, to restore the
    economical damage to the person struggling, or to cause the company to
    acknowledge their fault in the case thus deterring such future
    dismissals from occurring.

    In the case of a struggle to restore economic damage to an individual,
    when the struggle gets drawn out for an extended period of time, the
    struggle will get harder and harder. The person attempting the struggle
    should be independent economically. During the early stages of the
    struggle the person struggling must depend upon economic support from
    the supporters, but they should try as soon as possible to be
    independent from those supporters if they intend on struggling for an
    extended period of time.

    Supporters should urge the struggling person to become independent
    economically as soon as possible. Supporters should not attempt to make
    the person struggling to end their struggle when the struggling person
    desires to continue. If, for any reason, the supporters want to abandon
    the struggle they should do so immediately without a word.

    Don't believe any information 100%. Even if it is believed that the
    information is certain, without a doubt, you should be prepared for such
    a case when those "certain things" may be proven otherwise. You have to
    decide which action to take but be careful to not choose an action that
    may destroy you if the information is wrong.

    You shouldn't be scared, when there is no apparent person trying to kill
    you. Nobody will kill you just by expressing your freedom of speech.
    Recently, there are a lot of people who are afraid to print their names
    in flyers of their civil activity. If you seriously want to change
    society for the better you should display yourself with courage. It will
    be too late if the era comes, when people are killed for their speech.

    When you recognize your mistakes you should acknowledge that you must
    apologize completely not half-heartedly, to your opponent and to
    society.
    You must show your apology publicly so that society may see your apology

    to your opponent. After your apology, you should insist that even though
    you may have been at fault in some matter, that does not negate the fact
    that your opponent was also at fault.

    If you ignore or try to run away from the matter your opponent will
    pursue you with accusations, and you will lose your power of persuasion
    for society. You should withdraw yourself immediately if you know that
    the cause you are for is flawed. If you don't change your course in this
    case, by your vanity, the damage will be compounded against your
    struggle.
    </q>

    Union Songs website. Visit his website at:
    http://www.din.or.jp/~okidentt/ and listen to his songs.