RE: virus: The Rumsfeld wriggle.

From: Blunderov (squooker@mweb.co.za)
Date: Thu May 13 2004 - 04:49:35 MDT

    [Blunderov]
    "Oh, what a wicked web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
    (Alexander Pope)
    More or less as previously predicted...
    Best Regards

    http://www.nytimes.com/2004/05/13/opinion/13DOWD.html?th

    <snip>
    In a public relations move that cheapens the heroism of soldiers, the
    Pentagon merged the medals for the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, giving the
    G.W.O.T. medal, for Global War on Terrorism, in both wars to reinforce the
    idea that we had to invade Iraq to quell terrorism...

    ...Officials blurred the lines to justify ideological decisions, calling
    every Iraqi who opposed us a "terrorist"; conducting rough interrogations,
    perhaps to find the nonexistent W.M.D. so they would not look foolish;
    rolling all opposition into one scary terrorist ball that did not require
    sensitivity to the Geneva Conventions or "humanitarian do-gooders," to use
    the phrase of Senator James Inhofe, a Republican.
    </snip>