virus: Re:Jerusalem Post promotes genocide?

From: rhinoceros (rhinoceros@freemail.gr)
Date: Tue May 18 2004 - 18:08:14 MDT

    [Erik] IMHO, no plot of land is worth killing over.

    [Walter] Except mine.

    [Erik] I'd never kill to defend land. Maybe I'd change my tune if I owned a house. Do people kill to get money to pay off their mortgages? If they did, would it be ethical? Maybe that's why I'm still renting. Not sure.

    [rhinoceros] I think that when you are done with paying your mortgage it is like having pissed around your territory. Things may look different then. It is not about accomodation. It is rather about having a base to "build" on, which you don't want disturbed.

    Then again, some are more comfortable with "building" in their head and on their network of kin, friends, and associates. Others are more comfortable with rebuilding from scratch over and over. People come in many kinds. Go figure.

    Well, enough with coffe house philosophy for the day...

    ----
    This message was posted by rhinoceros to the Virus 2004 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=61;action=display;threadid=30303>