RE: virus: The Rumsfeld wriggle.

From: Mermaid (hidden@lucifer.com)
Date: Wed May 19 2004 - 02:15:01 MDT

    [quote from: Jonathan on 2004-05-18 at 05:30:48]

    Firstly in this war they have never been protected by the conventions anyway
    because the enemy simply did not operate under their constrictions.

    I dont understand why you are labelling the American troops as terrorists. Granted that they are kinda pushing the boundries of decency and humanity, but that doesnt mean that they cannot learn!!

    [JD]White flags used as tactical ruses and the beating (and murder) of captives was and is routine. These breaches have not been disavowed by the enemy
    leadership nor were they exceptional.

    [Mermaid]Thats right! Misuse the White flag and have a wire stuck up your testicles!!

    [JD]This cannot be said of the US breaches which have been exposed, denounced and the miscreants are in the process of
    being punished.

    [Mermaid]Punished by those who exposed the 'breaches'? Or punished by the miscreant themself? e.g. jerry sivets get one year in prison for taking the pictures of the most famous prisoner abuse case(many have gone unreported in popular media) and for repeating under orders that the abuse was not conducted with full military permission, if not instructions.

    [JD]Can anyone show me where the current Insurgents have signed up? Can anyone show me where they have ever respected these conventions?

    [Mermaid]Imagine a burglar breaks into your house, steals all your stuff, tries to kill you, rape your wife and daughters, passes electricity through your penis and screams bloody murder when you hit him with a stick. His accomplice mumbles that you are not acting acc to the law.

    ----
    This message was posted by Mermaid to the Virus 2004 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=61;action=display;threadid=30271>