RE: virus: The Rumsfeld wriggle.

From: rhinoceros (rhinoceros@freemail.gr)
Date: Wed May 19 2004 - 06:38:44 MDT

    [Joe Dees]
    Sly Sy at it Again
    Joel Mowbray
    http://www.townhall.com/columnists/joelmowbray/jm20040518.shtml

    Reading the "hot" new New Yorker "expose" ,which has the rest of the media in a tizzy, and has many Democrats even hungrier for Rumsfeld's resignation, can lead one to believe that the Defense Secretary had a hand in the Abu Ghraib prisoner abuse scandal.

    Reading it more closely, however, leads one to realize that Rumsfeld knew, well, nothing.

    Reading it with the author's credibility problems in mind, and the Pentagon's seemingly obligatory denials seem more credible.
    <snip>

    [rhinoceros]
    I found the New Yorker article. It hadn't the media here in a tizzy, you see.

    The Gray Zone
    http://www.newyorker.com/printable/?fact/040524fa_fact

    Do you suggest I do not chek the author's argument because of his credibility problems you mentioned?

    By the way, Salon run a similar story.

    How high does it go?
    The more we find out about what happened at Abu Ghraib, the less it looks like a case of renegade soldiers.
    http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2004/05/18/chain/index.html

    ----
    This message was posted by rhinoceros to the Virus 2004 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=61;action=display;threadid=30271>