Re: virus: Re:Jerusalem Post promotes genocide?

From: Erik Aronesty (erik@zoneedit.com)
Date: Thu May 20 2004 - 14:54:22 MDT

    I see! Yes, very accurate comparison... being glad when a Palestinian kills jews is not often heard, but it is morally equivalent. Very good point.

    We can be thankful any time either Israelis or Palestinians die - because it will bring us sooner to the end of conflict. But this is flawed thinking, because for every person who dies there are a dozen more in grief who take up the cause of war.

    Or we can condemn acts of violence equally...like the UN does.

    Or we can recognize that condemnation is, in general, inefective (as is the UN).

    Or we can take personal responsibility for the situation. (My favorite)

    Maybe Virus can host a moderated Israeli/Palistinian dialogue - in Las Vegas?

    Maybe each one of us can ask around to locate Palistinians and Israeli's that they know that would be interested in such a thing?