RE: virus: Re:Jerusalem Post promotes genocide?

From: Blunderov (squooker@mweb.co.za)
Date: Fri May 21 2004 - 11:45:37 MDT

    Erik Aronesty
    Sent: 21 May 2004 06:50 PM

    <snip>
    Palestinians don't have the weapons to defend Israeli incursion. They don't
    have RPG's to "go astray".

    The excercise of reversing moral context can't require you concoct an
    elaborate fantasy, or it isn't being performed correctly.

    ---
    [Blunderov] Perhaps we could adopt Jonathan's idea of being constructive in
    our approach.
    What are the permissible actions that the Palestinians can adopt in their
    struggle? Many might say that if they renounced terrorism it would lead to
    negotiations and an amicable settlement.
    But what if it didn't? What military options would they have? Should they
    have any at all?
    Somebody once remarked that terrorism is the weapon of the weak. To me it
    seems harsh to call someone immoral for defending themselves with the only
    means available to them. I don't mean just the Palestinians. For instance
    the former regime in South Africa gave no choice to the ANC (and others) but
    to use terrorism. Or so it seems to me.
    Perhaps I am positing a false dilemma. I would certainly be interested to
    hear alternatives.
    Best Regards