RE: virus: The Rumsfeld wriggle.

From: rhinoceros (rhinoceros@freemail.gr)
Date: Sat May 22 2004 - 20:58:07 MDT

    [Mermaid]
    Imagine a burglar breaks into your house, steals all your stuff, tries to kill you, rape your wife and daughters, passes electricity through your penis and screams bloody murder when you hit him with a stick. His accomplice mumbles that you are not acting acc to the law.

    [JD 2]
    And the awards for purple prose and false analogy go to....MERMAID!!!!! Given what I wrote in the "Rumsfeld Wiggle" thread, is this not plagiarism?

    "Seems to me a bit like saying to a guy obeying Queensbury rules in a boxing match "Uh oh, one of your punches landed low, your opponents gloves are coming off!" whilst his opponent has been wearing knuckdusters and kicking for the groin all along."

    [rhinoceros]
    It does not seem such a bad analogy to me. In fact I think it was a charitable one. The key phrase was "into your house" (i.e. Iraq), and we haven't heard any claim that the abused Iraqi captives were from those"foreign jihadist troublemakers" who behead businessmen.

    ----
    This message was posted by rhinoceros to the Virus 2004 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=61;action=display;threadid=30271>