Re: virus: Truth and Fiction

From: Keith Henson (hkhenson@rogers.com)
Date: Mon May 24 2004 - 18:22:21 MDT

    At 12:39 AM 24/05/04 -0400, you wrote:
    >For real ?

    Yes.

    >David McFadzean wrote:
    >>
    >>From: "Keith Henson" <<mailto:hkhenson@rogers.com>hkhenson@rogers.com
    >>>
    >>>I have been told that the story of scientology vs the net is too weird to
    >>>be considered as fiction.
    >>
    >>Isn't the (presumably fictional) Scientology doctrine vastly stranger
    >>than reality? I would say that if it turned out to be all true then
    >>that would be stranger than much fiction (but still not all fiction).

    I wasn't thinking about scientology's nutty "space cooties" doctrine, just
    their battle with the net mostly on alt.religion.scientology. One of the
    several things a crew led by Gavino Idda did was to spam/forge between 2.5
    and 4 million articles into the news group. This happened between Nov.
    1998 and Oct 1999. Even using slave labor, they spent on the order of
    $250,000 on this project. Most of the postings were canceled, but hundreds
    of thousands of them made it onto Google-groups where they can be found to
    this day.

    Typical example of that flood forged in my name,

    Re: NEW: Senior Thesis on Scientology & Totalitarianism (GOOD ...
    Accusingly it recounted outta an aisle. How do they alarm between me
    anymore? Have we knowed you? Between
    no falsehood upon no fanaticism every pale pocket uttered a bringing from a
    gumption, and aboard ...
    alt.religion.scientology - 24 May 1999 by Keith Henson - View Thread (248
    articles)

    Keith Henson