RE: virus: Re:Clarke claims responsibility

From: Blunderov (squooker@mweb.co.za)
Date: Thu May 27 2004 - 13:40:18 MDT

    Joe Dees
    Sent: 27 May 2004 08:44 PM

    Rather than taking Roemer's partisan commentary upon Clarke at face value,
    I'm accepting Clarke's own self-admission as true. I am accepting the fact
    rather than falling for the politically motivated interpretation. What's
    memeboltic about that?

    ----
    [Blunderov] But you're doing it again. You reject Roemer on the grounds that
    he is partisan. You have simply bypassed his arguments which are:
    "The request came to me, and I refused to approve it," Clarke testified. "I
    suggested that it be routed to the FBI and that the FBI look at the names of
    the individuals who were going to be on the passenger manifest and that they
    approve it or not. I spoke with the - at the time - No. 2 person in the FBI,
    Dale Watson, and asked him to deal with this issue. The FBI then
    approved...the flight."
    "That's a little different than saying, 'I claim sole responsibility for it
    now,'" Roemer said yesterday.
    [Blunderov] Apparently there is a contradiction. Whether this is true or not
    need not concern us here; the point is you have not addressed this assertion
    at all.
    "It doesn't seem that Richard Clarke had enough information to clear it,"
    Roemer said Monday.
    "I just don't think that the questions are resolved, and we need to dig
    deeper," Roemer added. "Clarke sure didn't seem to say that he was the final
    decisionmaker. I believe we need to continue to look for some more answers."
    [Blunderov] Roemer contends that Clarke's statement is inconsistent. Again
    it need not concern us here whether or not this is correct; the point is
    that you have not addressed this assertion at all.
    You have simply rejected Roemer on the grounds that he is partisan. Is it
    possible that Clarke himself might be partisan?
    What was it that prevented you from entertaining this possibility?
    Best Regards