RE: virus: Homework for Davis (and Homework for T)

From: Jonathan Davis (jonathan.davis@lineone.net)
Date: Fri May 28 2004 - 17:31:37 MDT

    I do not know who you are "Hermitess". I suspect it is you Hermit. I have no
    reason to believe you and certainly no reason to take the bait you have laid
    out in your mail.

    The real Hermitess, that is Hermit's partner, I have wished well on may
    occasions and still do. I have never had any reason to speak ill of her nor
    have I involved her in my political debates with Hermit. This may be
    confimed by checking the Meridion ratings I have set for her ever since she
    signed up, those ratings have always remained better than neutral for
    Hermitess.

    An entity signing itself Hermitess attacked me for no good reason. It
    exhibited contempt. It called me names. It attempted to provoke me. I have
    declined to be provoked, sorry.

    Whatever or whoever you are, mark this: I will not rise to these outpourings
    of bile. The tactic of text attack - sending massive vague accusatory and
    claim laden e-mails - does not work on me. The tactic of repatterning what I
    have said and presenting it back to me as a complaint about myself does not
    work either. I simply will not be riled by you, whoever you are.

    It appears you are writing these mails for effect and addressing the
    audience. Why not write to me off list if you wanted to make a constructive
    point?

    If you wanted to be nice and avoid real names you should have addressed me
    as Limbic. I invite you to do so now in this forum. We will keep real names
    to face-to-face meetings and private correspondence.

    Finally, you wrote a most unusual line in your e-mail, namely - "Are you
    suggesting I should leave? How many other Virians do you think should leave
    or be banned? All of those who are not neocons?"

    This appears to come out of nowhere. Let me repost my original reply to your
    attack:

    "It seems we have drawn back Hermit in his 'form' as Hermitess.

    Welcome back Hermit (or have we switched to calling people by their
    surnames, in which case Welcome back [name deleted]).

    I take it Halliburton refused your application for a stint in Iraq?"

    Where have I asked you, or anyone else to leave?

    Kind regards

    Jonathan / Limbic