Re:virus: War & Peace / Rethinking Iraq

From: Jei (jei@cc.hut.fi)
Date: Thu May 06 2004 - 11:42:54 MDT

    On Thu, 6 May 2004, Joe Dees wrote:

    > Yep, Juuko; Counterpunch is right up there with Common Dreams, znet and
    > Yellow Times. Home to Fisk, Pilger, Rall, Chomsky and the late Ed Said.
    > Real objective sources, there, Bucko. Gotta be better than mine, which
    > are Insight, Reason, Tech Central Station, Asia Times, National Review
    > Online, The New Republic, The Weekly Standard, Spiked Online, Slate,
    > Salon, The New Yorker, The Atlantic Monthly, Harper's, Foreign Policy,
    > Policy Review, Foreign Affairs, the Wilson Quarterly, etc.

    Trust American papers to report the war commentary and news objectively.

    Trust Joe Dees, the American to decide who and what is objective about
    the war reporting.

    Trust Joe Dees the American to be a neutral party to see to the freedom
    and human rights of the Iraqis and take on the American government and
    see that they fix things right by exposing all their wrongs in the world.

    Go to it Joe!!

    You're the man Joe, if that's even your name. Hope you get drafted so
    you can show those Iraqis how americans piss, instead of just shooting
    and yapping your mouth while you troll.

    Yeah, I never claimed counterpunch to be objective. But neither are
    your sources.

    I just thought the article was nice and to the point. Face it: Americans
    just did what Hitler did, and for the same basic reasons too: profit.

    Americans have as much need to apologize to the iraqis as germans had to
    the jews. 1.5 million people are dead, and even though the likes of Joe
    Dees may dance naked on their graves and shit on them, it does not mean
    all americans are like he is. Some of them may even have a conscience and
    desire to hear and know the other side of the story. But granted, not
    many do. Not many germans did either.

    > Note to Jake: How's Ol' Dean-o doin' ya ol' Deaniac?

    First, shoot the reporter, then shoot the mailman,
    then shoot the delivery boy, if you fear the people
    will gain enlightenment from their stories.

    Keep shooting Joe, maybe some day the world will be dark.