Re:virus: War & Peace / Rethinking Iraq

From: rhinoceros (rhinoceros@freemail.gr)
Date: Fri May 07 2004 - 18:17:38 MDT

    [Jei]
    And so? What about it? I don't fancy doing lots of work
    on history research for the sake of you people on this
    list. "Prove me this, prove me that, now tell me how
    great a country we are, and what all good things we have
    done, and oh by the way, you're an anti-semite for being
    critical, and you must hate america too! You boo boo!"

    [rhinoceros]
    Well, but if you want to make an argument... you shouldn't expect that someone who does not agree will find the evidence for your own argument.

    As for the rest, if you visit the web site of this mailing list (http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=61) you will see some small descriptions and numbers at the left of each post labeled "reputation", "karma", etc, which are based on how the visitors rate the posts and the people. Of course these things do not decide who or what is right or wrong, but they do show how one's arguments or attitudes are perceived by others. You will find that some of the things for which you complained as well as other things are reflected there.

    Take a look and you will realize that the picture you have from the number, size, or attitude of the email messages is very misleading.

    [Jei]
    - At best, I rate this list is as an amusement. Sometimes
    there's also some good links, but nowadays, it isn't even
    remotely constructive. Whatever I bother to post, I do either for fun, or the fact that I want to break some ballooning american ego-bubbles, knowing they will bark back as much as they can.

    [rhinoceros]
    Entertainment value is always appreciated around here.

    [Jei]
    - This list was good before the "religion/church" was started. After that, duh. - Some kind of american thing, these new age "religions"? How about a normal registered club instead?

    [rhinoceros]
    This has always been a church and an attempt at a memeticaly engineered religion. I wouldn't call it new agey though. Any hint of mysticism is dissected and its internals examined. Take a look at the home page:

    http://virus.lucifer.com

    It is also a "normal registerd club" in the sense that you can skip mass any time you want, or you can bring in your own preaching and put it on the table, or you can just make some noise.

    ----
    This message was posted by rhinoceros to the Virus 2004 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=61;action=display;threadid=30244>