logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-04-20 06:16:00 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Donations now taken through PayPal

Church of Virus BBS
  General
  Free For All

Father Kills Sons
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Father Kills Sons  (Read 953 times)
Tywick
Archon

Rate Tywick

better_white_meat tywick
View Profile WWW
Father Kills Sons
« on: 2003-09-14 07:53:55 »

I"m not sure how the hell Zloduska and I missed this many months ago but here it is. I found out about this incident from a couple of different fares while taxi driving.

source: http://www.madison.com/archives/read.php?ref=tct:2003:06:26:272084:LOCAL/STATE

Homicide Allegations Revealed

The Capital Times :: LOCAL/STATE :: 2A

Thursday, June 26, 2003
By Mike Miller The Capital Times

After shooting and killing two of his stepsons, Roger C. O'Neal called his daughter and told her of the killings, according to a criminal complaint filed today.
O'Neal, 42, is charged with two counts of first-degree intentional homicide in the deaths of Michael Gentry, 18, and his brother Lloyd, 15, both killed during a shooting spree at the family's Taft Street home Monday.

Shortly after the shootings he called his daughter, Jennifer O'Neal, on her cell phone, the complaint says.

"I killed little Mike. I'm gonna shoot Lloyd in the head, and I want you to hear what I'm gonna do next," the complaint says he told Jennifer.

There is no explanation for the shooting in the complaint, other than another part of that phone call in which Roger tells his daughter: "On the G, on the G, they played me, they played me. I killed 'em, I killed them all. She played me." There is no further explanation given for a motive in the shootings.

Although O'Neal appeared to be telling his daughter that he had shot his stepson Michael and was about to kill his stepson Lloyd, it appears from the remainder of the complaint that Lloyd was killed first.

O'Neal's son Roger Jr. told officers that he was in the house when he heard a shot and at first thought his father had committed suicide, but then thought his father had shot his stepbrother Lloyd, who had been taking a shower. Police, after a 14-hour standoff ended, found Lloyd dead in the shower.

Another of O'Neal's stepsons, Jimmy Gentry, was among those outside the home when O'Neal came out, the complaint says. Jimmy Gentry is quoted as saying "he came outside and started shooting at us."

The complaint says O'Neal attempted to fire a shot, but there was only a "click" from the rifle he was toting.

According to the complaint:

He then ejected what turned out be a faulty cartridge, and fired again, this time hitting Michael Gentry in the head.

As Jimmy Gentry bent over to help his fallen brother, he told officers, another shot was fired toward him and he and the others present fled.

Madison police officers arrived on the scene before O'Neal could flee into the house, and O'Neal and Madison Police Officer James Morovic had a momentary confrontation at the rear of the house. O'Neal said that he had an arsenal of weapons in the house, "and told Officer Morovic he could come in and get him," the complaint says.

With that O'Neal closed the door and the curtain, and a standoff began that would last 14 hours.

« Last Edit: 2003-09-15 23:55:24 by Tywick » Report to moderator   Logged

Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: