logo Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
2024-04-18 20:17:24 CoV Wiki
Learn more about the Church of Virus
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Donations now taken through PayPal

Church of Virus BBS
  Mailing List
  Virus 2003

virus: memes against war?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: virus: memes against war?  (Read 2230 times)
baronvonbryan@h...
Neophyte

I have never logged in.

View Profile E-Mail
virus: memes against war?
« on: 2003-03-09 11:04:16 »

[[ author reputation (0.00) beneath threshold (3)... display message ]]

Report to moderator   Logged
MoEnzyme
Acolyte

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
Re:virus: memes against war?
« Reply #1 on: 2003-03-10 15:18:40 »

We've already seen it on the memetics list.  That's integrated into our BBS here:

http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=53

We already saw where Joe was moderated from JoM.  I did notice however that you were the first to invite the issue with your crusade.  So I imagine that if your purpose is to get in the "last word" against Joe, you have probably come to a semi-appropriate place as Joe can actually respond to you here where he can't on the JoM.  But be warned that we have gone through the rounds here with Hermit and Joe, and others who like to throw gasoline on flame fests.  So I'm giving this thread about one response each before we throw it off the Email list and into the BBS at some more appropriate place for carrying on.  We aren't going to ignore war and Iraq, but we aren't going let the discussion go unmoderated either.  If your intention is indeed to actually rant, rave, cut, paste, slash, hack, meme, counter-meme, and so forth, I suggest your starting the competing thread on the BBS now in an appropriate place, because that's where this one is going eventually if that is the case.  I do welcome the discussion, but in its appropriate places.  So everyone get ready to make your one Email list response and get it over with.

Love,

-Jake

I will fight your gods for food,
Mo Enzyme

(consolidation of handles: Jake Sapiens; memelab; logicnazi; Loki; Every1Hz; and Shadow)
Joe Dees
Heretic

Rate Joe Dees

I love YaBB SE!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2003-03-11 01:19:35 »

[[ author reputation (1.90) beneath threshold (3)... display message ]]

Hermit
Archon

Rate Hermit

Prime example of a practically perfect person

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2003-03-11 14:14:01 »

As far as I can tell from the evidence on our list and BBS*, what Joe Dees means by "discussed", is the deliberate swampage of a forum with plagiarised articles supporting his particular delusions (whether or not anyone instigates or responds to them), and the avoidance of any responsive dialog with those holding views different from his. Rather he engages in a slew of assertion well interposed with a stew of assorted debating errors. Further, from the class of "evidence" he appears to believe worthwhile forwarding, we can assume that he still wouldn't know a fact if it were hanging from his ass**.

His adherence to the concept that any right exists, under International or US law, for the US to foist "regime change" on another nation futher points to his delusional state.

Hermit

* Serious Business Forum
** e.g. The Aluminum tubes he asserted were intended for forbidden nuclear programs despite a plethora of argument and evidence rebutting this, to which he could not respond except through posting propaganda supporting his stance.  No retraction from Dees yet despite "Checkable Facts" = Questionable Evidence"
« Last Edit: 2003-03-12 06:29:13 by Hermit » Report to moderator   Logged

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. - Steven Weinberg, 1999
MoEnzyme
Acolyte

Rate MoEnzyme

infidel lab animal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2003-03-11 17:00:32 »

Quote from: Joe Dees on 2003-03-11 01:19:35   

I did not initiate any Iraqi peace-or-war discussion on the memetics list.  Instead, the clueless peace-at-any-price memebot Bryan Thompson attempted to trollingly co-opt the memetics list for use as an anti-Iraqi-regime-change mouth organ.  When I strenuously objected to such list diversion/appropriation, both he and the house green candidate, Jeremy Bradley, jumped in with both feet.  I initiated no emails of my own; I simply answered theirs, and with the kinds of facts that it is surpassingly easy to check.  I was also not the only person to reply on the pro-regime-change side.  Since I have been moderated for replying to this provocation, it would only seem to me to be in the interests of reciprocity and mutuality to also bar these other offending miscreants, but, alas, this did not happen.  I consider this to be unjust and unfair in the extreme, and note that the definitions of propaganda and censorship include the situations where only one perspective on an issue is permitted to be discussed.

[Jake] I also note that this issue was started by Bryan on the memetics list, but I sense that Bruce put you on probation because of your previous history on JoM of dominating it with war/peace/Iraq etc. issues.  IOW you were already on notice whereas Bryan may not have been around for those previous discussions.  I could be wrong, but that was just the most reasonable story that came to mind.

Love,

-Jake

I will fight your gods for food,
Mo Enzyme

(consolidation of handles: Jake Sapiens; memelab; logicnazi; Loki; Every1Hz; and Shadow)
Joe Dees
Heretic

Rate Joe Dees

I love YaBB SE!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2003-03-11 18:03:40 »

[[ author reputation (1.90) beneath threshold (3)... display message ]]

Pages: [1] Reply Notify of replies Send the topic Print 
Jump to: