virus: Mermaid's vitriol distilled, refined and returned.

From: L' Ermit (lhermit@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Jan 04 2002 - 16:15:18 MST

[Hermit 0] Mermaid referenced the VedicMaths site - presumably to support
this brain-damaged assertion.

[Mermaid 0] Wrongo, boyo! I dont buy into the code making or the code
breaking or whatever. It is not my area of expertise. I just retrieved it
since both of you seem to be balling and stroking each other without digging
up the said sloka. Did I spoil it for you by picking out the url and the
resources?

[Hermit 1] No, you didn't spoil it for me. You might have made others as
confused as yourself, had I not addressed it though. Certainly, while you
appear to acknowledge that you don't know anything about what is going on,
you still seem determined to play the champion of India and the Indians at
the expense of anything else - including accuracy and friendship. May I
suggest that by selecting such a poor source you indicated that - in this
instance at least - you did not care about the validity of the things you
cited but only about your impact. Do you think that your later "comments" on
material you "didn't read" does not show your bent.

[Hermit 1] <a snip of a series of quotations supported by the source next
mentioned and not addressed by the Mermaid>

[Mermaid 0] blah...blah..blah...

[Hermit 1] ???

[Mermaid 0] You are so far beyond BULLSHIT, that it is futile to carry on a
discussion with you.

[Hermit 1] Apparently unsupported assertion neither deserving attention nor
amenable to a reply. Possibly a correct conclusion - if by a discussion you
mean that you hope to prove me incorrect from your current confused and
ignorant state. Let me encourage you. If you keep trying to learn and stop
trying to score points, you might eventually improve to a point where you
are capable of holding a discussion.

[Mermaid 0] Because I cannot fathom why you would stubbornly stick to
belittling everything that occured 25 years before

[Hermit 1] Are you confused again? Or still? 25 years before what?
"Belittling" what?

[Mermaid 0] and inaccurately associating everything you stumble upon to the
Maharishi,

[Hermit 1] What, for example? As you should well know, I ascribe little but
BS to that source.

[Mermaid 0] I have to come to the conclusion that it is something over and
above my ability to drill a hole in your head and dump some real knowledge.

[Hermit 1] Perhaps this was inevitable, as you will have to get hold of some
"real knowledge" first, but then, however will you recognize "real
knowledge," if you recommend a site as authoritive but reject its
conclusions - which are, by and large, the same as mine? In any case, might
I suggest that if you closed one of the holes in your head, and concentrated
on your eyes and ears that learning would come more easily to you - and you
might, given another 20 years or so, develop the beginnings of the
appearance of wisdom.

[Mermaid 0] For ANYONE who wishes to learn anything about Indian
Mathematics,
http://www-groups.dcs.st-andrews.ac.uk/~history/Indexes/Indians.html

[Mermaid 0] This is the first one that turned up on a search and I am sure
libraries are stacked with information and so are the cyber information
sources.

[Hermit 1] Interesting - why diod you have to "search" for it? That is a
primary URL I cited for mathematical history [refer
http://forum.javien.com/XMLmessage.php?id=id::XQ8HO_tH-UxtX-TDAR-Lh4a-A3oQAHkyd3VI]
in a paragraph that you quote from (but where you excise the citation). I am
glad you agree with my assessment of the importance of this site, but wonder
why you imagine that I would quote as a primary source one that does not
support my position? Perhaps because you are prone to this failing?
Certainly, it would be legitimate for others to wonder why you seem so
excited by your "discovery" of the site... given that it directly supports
the arguments I made and which you seem to refer to as "Bullshit." Are you
confused again or as seems ever more probable, as usual?

[Mermaid 0] The same source has other interesting links about the history of
Mathematics. I am looking forward to getting lost in there. I know I will be
busy for several days.

[Hermit 1] You might say thank-you. After all, you might end up with some
"real-knowledge" that you thought was "bullshit" when it came from me...

[Hermit 0] However, I feel obliged to say a few words...especially about
your statement, "I observed on them within quotations - for a reason. The
ancient "Indian Mathematicians" were not primarily mathematicians, but
priests. And their output was tainted and limited by this."

[Mermaid 0] Panini, the mathematician and linguist is supposed to have been
around from 520-460.B.C. He is credited for the enormous strides he took to
polish Sanskrit. He was a Sanskrit linguist who laid the foundation for
'vedic mathematics'....<balance of Mermaids unsophisticated linguistic stew
reserved>.

[Hermit 1] Do you imagine this as a refutation of the above? Are you
asserting that the "ancient Indian Mathematicians" were not "primarily
priests?" Or do you imagine that I spoke to the development of Sanskrit
rather than the origins and developments of mathematics? Now I am sure you
are confused - and you appear determined to prove that this is "business as
usual".

[Hermit 1] Do us all - including you - a favor and read the site - not just
the Indian section (I would suggest that particular attention should be
given to Sumerian and Babylonian mathematics, calendars and astronomy),
before replying to this. Take careful notes of the Sumerian, Babylonian (and
Egyptian perhaps) and Vedic accomplishments, and try to recognize which is
chicken and which is egg (shown by genetic analysis reported in the CoV over
the last two years). If you frame your apologies nicely I may accept them.
I'll try not to embarrass you by attempting to analyze your screeds before
you do this... Hopefully afterwards I won't need to.

[Mermaid 0] P.S.Now for the more fun chit chat...From your earlier
mail:..you cannot be a Siddhar. The titles that the Maharishi bestows upon
your head has very little credibility.

[Hermit 1] While I agree about the Maharishi and his credibility or rather
his complete lack thereof, it is generally recognized that he, and he alone,
has the power to appoint "Siddhars." The reason being that he and/or bodies
or entities associated with him own the copyright to the word. As a subtle
issue which I had thought that you knew, the TM movement misspells
everything it shits on - and trademarks it. Thus I am indeed a Siddhar and
supposedly able to fly, walk through walls, become invisible, control the
void, exercise my god-consciousness, etc. etc.

[Hermit 1] While I would argue that whether you spell it Siddha or Siddhar,
all of these claims are vacuous bullshit, the above appears to leave yet
another of your wannabe arguments looking dazed and confused. A bit like its
owner perhaps.

[Hermit 1] Thanks for the poetry though. I thoroughly enjoyed it.