Re: virus: LOL..lady of faith?? desperate huh?

From: Mermaid . (britannica@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Jan 06 2002 - 22:48:48 MST

[Mermaid] ...the loser's favourite weapon of choice...ad hominem...

[Hermit] Reminds Mermaid, ["RE: virus: Weird claims about PI - the sloka",
Mermaid, Sun 2001-12-30 23:38] "Hermit, you are being an ass. Or a cultural
elitist ...whichever you prefer. Learn to be gracious. Read up before you
spew. I, for one, would hate to see you lose credibility. Major part of your
post does not dignify a response. Baiting?..:)"

[Mermaid]What ad hom? Ad hominem comes into the picture only in a debate or
a discussion...as I can see, as I hope you can too, I said that I have
nothing to say. I only a link that Yash was looking for...

[Hermit] For myself, I enjoy seeing balance in the Universe. The following
is yet another wonderful example of this...

====
[Mermaid] Translated...you have NOT read the book. You read something that
the Maharishi School printed, right? LOL....Are you not a fraud,
Hermit?...:)

[Hermit] I seem to remember a certain Mermaid recently complaining about
being misrepresented? I answered your question fully and completely.

[Mermaid]The answer to my question was NO. You did not read the book by
Tirthaji or the 16 Sanskrit sutras which are the original sources. I have
never completed War and Peace. I cannot go around writing commentaries about
the book, can I?

[Hermit]I read enough of the book in question (not printed by the Maharishi
school) to determine that it was a waste of time finishing it...

[Mermaid]Quoting you:
<snip>re "Vedic Mathematics". I was asked to look at the maths syllabus at
MUM for a friend (Tbilisi State University Math ABD PhD) who had been
invited here to teach maths, and as "Vedic Maths" forms the basis for the
school maths courses at the Maharishi school I waded through the
introduction to a completely spurious "Vedic History," got to the "key
interpolation" bit and did not complete it - as I could answer the questions
without doing so - it is self-evidently unadulterated horseshit.
<snip>

[Mermaid]You said you 'looked' at the math syllabus. Are you saying that you
read the book, Vedic Mathematics by Bharathi Krsna Thirthaji? Please
confirm.

[Hermit]AND...whatever the book you read..you did not read it fully. If you
have the read the book, how did you imagine AND communicate to us about
Vedic Mathematics that " - indeed it relies on exactly the same kind of
"translation" and "discovery" as that which is found in the babble codes,
i.e. those looking for something tend to find whatever they
seek."<http://forum.javien.com/XMLmessage.php?id=id::DnZfQTUi-PHs7-FAxR-HHkK-PEADGDljWCgp>
Elaborate, compare and prove?

[Mermaid]What possible evil mischief planned by religious men did you see in
a book that serves mnemonic codes to assist people to calculate numbers?

[Mermaid]Maybe if you have read it fully, you might have considered the
possibility that the book only strived to produce memory aids to calculate
large numbers orally. Everything that I have read so far about the book
points to that and there is absolutely nothing religious in its content.

[Mermaid]BUT WAIT! Because I havent read the book and I havent made up my
mind, ...yet...I will accept that you are not a liar and a fraud if you will
translate/explain/narrate to us the contents of the said book and give us
reasons why the book, Vedic Mathematics, is not worth a farthing in
intellectual currrency. You see, we shouldnt be asked to just take your word
for it without proper presentation. Are you upto that? But I am afraid that
there is nothing you can do to prove that priests are incapable of writing
books about credible sciences or correct mathematics.

[Hermit]Who is the psychotic bitch* then?

[Mermaid]I know! I know! You?

[Hermit]*And that is not an ad hominem, but a simple description.

[Mermaid]I agree.