Re: virus: LOL..lady of faith?? desperate huh?

From: L' Ermit (lhermit@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Jan 06 2002 - 23:48:20 MST

[Mermaid]You said you 'looked' at the math syllabus. Are you saying that you
read the book, Vedic Mathematics by Bharathi Krsna Thirthaji? Please
confirm.

[Hermit] I specifically said that I read enough of the book to know it was
crap. What other fucking book do you think I would be answering about when
you asked about that one? When I write words I mean them so that even
somebody as intellectually impaired as you are appear to be trying to
convince me you are should be able to follow them. In the accuracy and to
convey my disgust, I mentioned that I did not finish it. Even so, I would
estimate that I read about 50% of it - but cannot become exited over mental
arithmetic which the Egyptians and Sumerians also were very familiar with.
(Read up on e.g. the Rhind and Moscow Papyrus).

[Mermaid]I read " - indeed it relies on exactly the same kind of
"translation" and "discovery" as that which is found in the babble codes,
i.e. those looking for something tend to find whatever they
seek."<http://forum.javien.com/XMLmessage.php?id=id::DnZfQTUi-PHs7-FAxR-HHkK-PEADGDljWCgp>
Elaborate, compare and prove?

[Hermit] Let us say that you say, in Urdu, "I am a pretty smart young chick,
hoping only to instruct Caucasians because I truly care how much they admire
and respect the things which Indians have managed to achieve." Some 1500
years later, somebody invents a written grammar and writes down your words
exactly as above. Two thousand years after that, a Hermit, who should have
better things to do, observes that there is a "hidden message" in your
words. That we should take the first letter of each word and this will tell
us an eternal truth about you. Like so, "...I am a psychotic bitch..." See?
That is what the Mermaid said about herself... We can ignore the bits of
this message where the code does not apply. And we can ignore the fact that
the written language didn't exist when you said the words. And we can ignore
the fact that psychiatry wouldn't be invented for 3,500 years. The letters
match. That is enough to prove that 3500 years ago, you knew that some
genius would be able to figure out your true nature from your words. True?

[Hermit] This is what all these codes - including the PI in the "Hindu Code"
the rest of us have been discussing - rely upon. Is it valid? No! Is there
any difference between the babble codes et al and this? No! They all rely on
the fact that if you look for something in a sufficiently large sample, you
will find it. They all were invented by people wishing to inflate the
importance of their gods and cultures. Thirthaji is no exception.

[Mermaid]What possible evil mischief planned by religious men did you see in
a book that serves mnemonic codes to assist people to calculate numbers?

[Hermit] The idea that *anyone* had a mnemonic for PI to 32 places until
the 1500s is not supported by any evidence. It was an invention by Thirthaji
to make his gods and culture look more important to stupid, neurotic and
hysterical Western women - like Madame Elena Blavatsky. We can see how
stunningly successful his meme was too, as it seems to work on stupid,
neurotic and hysterical people from all over the world. That does not mean
that it is true.

[Mermaid]Maybe if you have read it fully, you might have considered the
possibility that the book only strived to produce memory aids to calculate
large numbers orally. Everything that I have read so far about the book
points to that and there is absolutely nothing religious in its content.

[Hermit] Including a prayer" containing PI to 32 places - with no working
and "wrong numbers" before and after it, and where the sheer number of
alternatives he provides for each digit means that there are billions of
billions of phrases which will provide exactly that result? Tell it to the
marines. They won't believe you either...