virus: Yash: More prime-ape thinking.

From: Mermaid . (britannica@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jan 10 2002 - 10:59:00 MST

[Casey said to Yash][...]Last I heard, this wasn't a journal in which
everything that was proposed, thought of, posted, etc., would be
peer-reviewed. If everything is to be peer-reviewed, then toss out some
credentials. Might some of you have PhD's in fields that are in question?
If not, then distribute your opinions to people who may appreciate them
more.

[Mermaid says to Yash]Yash, there are certain realities of life. CoV, for
most part is an Amen-corner for a select elite. Accept it. You will be
insulted. You will be misunderstood and sometimes on purpose. There will be
digressions and ad hominems. There will be shoddy scholarship and incomplete
background work presented. And worst of all, that will be considered normal
and fair. Fight the nonsense spewed if you enjoy it..like I do<for me, its
like biting into a ripe, juicy fruit...its messy and sticky..but oh man! its
so sweet>...but do not expect fairness or integrity in some of their
arguments. For that, your own argument has to be iron clad. Dont get
emotional. Do no complain. Do not imagine friendships. Do not make
assumptions about intelligence or honesty. You will not be welcome if you
disagree with any sacred opinion held here by the high priests of CoV. A
rare few might <and in my case, they have> actually be willing to accept
that there is more than one opinion, but most will not. The rest will follow
because everyone needs a hero. I know that *I* will stick around until the
herd mentality of CoV dissolves because it would be a personal triumph for
me and what I once said against a certain generalisation will come true
right here. I say this in all sincerity and with absolutely no sarcasm.

I have to agree with Casey on one thing though...dont blow your
horn...merits, if you possess them, should and will bubble, froth and spill
over on its own. You should know by now..Empty vessels make more noise....:)