RE: virus: Yash: More prime-ape thinking.

From: Yash (yashk2000@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jan 10 2002 - 11:33:50 MST

Thing is: I never do, really. It's only in response with so and so asking me
to prove stuff or speaking to me as if I'm some kind of retard.

You should see this in the posts where I say I believe it's perfectly
acceptable for people without any diploma to discuss things.

I hope I make this clear.

I rarely do get emotional or consider people friends easily. However, I
believe a fair amount of mutual respect is more conducive to proper
discourse and mutual enlightenment.

I do not particularly care about how some people with diplomas think they're
know-it-alls.

Personally I prefer to view myself as a searcher, continually learning to
improve.

But I think it really bothers people who take you for a moron when they say
'You're not wualified to speak about so and so' (which is a fallacy as I've
said previously as many discoveries have been made in the past by people
without any academic background) and then they somehow assume you don't know
enough of the subject and suppose you don't have 'any' qualification/ It
miffs them to a point to discover that you really do (even if to me, that's
not very important).

Therefore, since this can't be an argument to base their denigrating
campaign on, they have to resort to trying to undermine either the
qulaification you have, or the institution you had it in, or something else,
etc...

But really, it's starting to bother me having to explain time and time again
things that should be obvious from my posts already.

Did you see me ask Roly Sookias whether he had qualifications about
linguistics when I was discussing his post about a new alphabet?

Of course not. Because it's not the point being discussed. That would be
another argumetn altogether.

If you and Casey are bothered by my mentioning my qualifications to Hermit
because he challenged that kind of thing, then it's your problem. People's
qualifications do not either impress or bother me. I do not look down on
people without academic qualifications, I appreciate people for their
thought processes and values, be they rich or poor, out of Uni or not.

I do have a lot of respect for people who so value open-mindedness and have
a thirst for knowledge that they feel compelled to research their pet
subjects to a fuller extent and may have several qualifications (see Joe
Dees's for an example).

Yash.