RE: virus: more important than love?

From: Bodie (mclarkc@essex.ac.uk)
Date: Sat Jan 12 2002 - 08:21:37 MST

I don't think there is anything wrong with hedonism as long as the
hedonists persuit of pleasure doesn't go so far as to cause others pain.
I used to have a very good friend who was a hedonist, he sat in a bar all
day long and enjoyed it. He was happy and he made other people happy just
through being there because it was good that I could go into the bar at
any time and he would be there. No one likes pain, thats why they seek
pleasure, and it's something everyone does to different degrees. I don't
really think that you can definately say that pleasure is the most
important thing in life though, it depends on what the individual values
most