virus: Virus:The man with the telescope part 2

From: Blunderov (squooker@mweb.co.za)
Date: Mon Jan 14 2002 - 12:20:15 MST

'"I see you're admiring my little box."the Knight said in a friendly
tone."It's my own invention - to keep clothes and sandwiches in. You see I
carry it upside-down so that the rain ca'n't get in."' (Through the
looking-glass)

Found this in Encarta 95. Under religion.

"As a culture develops a coherent and orderly picture of the world, it is
natural for it's members to believe that the numinous power behind the world
is itself coherent and orderly, and that it has unity. Their gradual
realization that the world has an intelligent pattern is accompanied by a
feeling that they did not invent, but discovered this pattern, which someone
must know entirely. They therefore attribute it to an intelligence other
than their own. The more people appreciate the complexity of the pattern,
the more they marvel at the intelligence behind it and so begin a formulate
a mature conception of God as a being who excels in wisdom and power and who
is immeasurably greater than a mere mortal. Thus, contemplating the wonder
of his own bodily structure, the psalmist in the Bible wrote "Such knowledge
is too wonderful for me, it is high, I cannot attain it".(Psalms 138.6)

Regards

Blunderov