RE: virus: Casey cavils

From: Yash (yashk2000@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jan 17 2002 - 16:31:33 MST

Oh but, if I want to resort to that kind of analysis I can too and very
easily at that.

Things like "I have no beliefs" could be dissected further more to show what
a crook and a slave to your own prejudices you are.

But I really don't need to, because most of your fallacies are exposed in
your words and thinking.

A genius can have some failings and a dullard can have some nice things to
say.

I don't think I need to resort to analyse your childhood to show how you are
misled and (maybe unconsciously) trying to misleed others.

Well, if the need arises I may jsut do that.

Right now, nothing warrants that sort of thing. I know how to separate the
person from the ideas.

cf. V.R. Ruggiero "The ARt of Thinking":

pp. pp54-55

"One of the best ways to overcome confusion about ideas is to make important
distinctions; that is, to avoid lumping all considerations together
indiscriminately. The following dinstinctions are those most often
overlooked. Keep them in mind whenever you are reading (or listening)...

Distinctions Between the Person and the Idea

        If you do not control your tendency to accept or reject ideas on the basis
of who expresses them, your analysis of eveything you read and hear is
certain to be distorted. You will judge arguments on whether the speaker is
of your race, religion, or political affiliation or whether you like his or
her hairstyle. And so you might embrace nonsense and reject wisdom.."

Yash.