RE: virus: How to handle lamers? What is off-topic?

From: Dylan Sunter (dylan.sunter@fisystem.com)
Date: Mon Jan 21 2002 - 03:59:44 MST

What Next? Virian Literacy Tests before you are allowed to join up? Yes that
would certainly keep the numbers of "proles" down wouldnt it? I cannot
honestly believe that some people are talking about simply booting people
for what they say, no matter how incorrect, insincere or inappropriate.

Bloody hell, I've been called "evil", "a collaborator of hitler", and "the
lowest form of human" simply for expressing my own views, I decided simply
to ignore those people, and it went away. Now, I found responses such as
this which I have had in the past ,to be not only uncalled for, but
unhelpful jingoistic crap, however it did not dissuade me from taking part
in future virian debates.

Some people will say anything to be heard. Some people cannot admit to being
wrong. This of course assumes the existance of hard, irreputable facts,
which often still do not determine a persons belief. Look at organised
religions...nobody in their right mind would possibly believe everything
they hear from their religious leaders, but they do..

In the US I believe this freedom of speech is covered by your Bill of
Rights...granted in the UK we have nothing of the sort, and i cant really
comment on other nations protections of freedom of speech, but one thing I
never thought I would hear from Virians is a wish to gag and remove those
who incense them, or simply dont have a clue what they are talking
about...THIS IS FREE COMEDY GUYS, its frank spencer on your VDU every day.

Whilst it is everyones right to say what they want (this is the internet
after all...the single most important tool protecting freedom of speech ever
IMO) It is equally everyones right to simply NOT LISTEN AND NOT RESPOND.

What is the worst someone can do? Spend precious minutes of their lives
writing nasty things about other people, knowing full well that everybody
just thinks they are a t**t and are not going to even rise to the occasion
by reading or responding to the drivel that they spend time crafting on
their computer keyboards. Hardly worth the effort really.

Evicting people from any debating society for what they say is against
everything I stand for. Let everyone see how pointless it is when one side
walks away, like intelligent adults, rather than being a bunch of
biactol-faced teenaged girls who have to prove they are always right.

Dylan

---------
Kalliste.
---------