virus: META: post truncation

From: Brian Phillips (deepbluehalo@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Jan 26 2002 - 17:57:54 MST

All,
 I was wondering if there is a consensus on this
list that posts should not be <snipped> or truncated
to minimize length? I read quite a few lists and
Virus is absolutely the worst I have ever seen
about massive quoting and requoting of all the
irrelevant "posts in this reply thread".
  I enjoy reading this list, and I like to think
I'm one of the 'good guys'..but there is
no way in hel I can afford time to read anything
but the digested form.. and most of the list
traffic is 90% noise/garbage... because it's
the same posts recycled onto the ends of
the stuff that IS good to read.
  Again I'm not trying to start a flame war,
I'm not naming any names..
   This is *NOT* a comment on the
massive point by point rebuttals seen
round here the last few weeks... I'm
talking about the one-liner reply posts
I have to scroll through!
 What I am doing is outright asking the old
hands on the list if Virus has a stated or
established bias in favor of inclusion of all
these old posts as people hit that damned
"reply" key.
  If this is the case.. just tell me... so I can
go play in another sandbox.
  If not..could everyone PLEASE snip.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

regards,