Re: virus: How Christianity...my two cents...

From: L' Ermit (lhermit@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jan 28 2002 - 00:30:07 MST

<snip>

[Joe Dees] The existence of a secular democratic system would be contrary to
the Koran, which makes no distinction between church and state, and places
the will of the people forever subservient to the will of Allah, as
communicated by the mullahs and imams.

[Hermit] But Christians held that to be true of the "Divine Right" of Kings
- and more recently, in the US at least, of their "God given right" to keep
slaves (do a search on "Juneteenth"). It was only when Christianity was set
aside that we progressed beyond medievalism - and I bet that if you had
asked Giordano Bruno if that was likely to happen on February 17, 1600, that
he would have replied that he thought it hardly likely.

Regards

Hermit