RE: virus: Oldest city found? [Includes Hermit's Prehistoric Time-Line]

From: Blunderov (squooker@mweb.co.za)
Date: Mon Jan 28 2002 - 04:50:01 MST

Oldest city found? [Includes Hermit's Prehistoric Time-Line]
L' Ermit [lhermit@hotmail.com]Mon 2002/01/28 09:44

<snip>
[Hermit] /me gently observes that while the picture is
titled[img=http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1765000/images/_1768109_harappa300.
jpg]The
city is believed to predate the Harappan civilization[/img], the picture
itself is of Harrapa in Pakistan, and not of the "underwater" city at all!
Talk about misleading.
<snap>

[Blunderov]
Ooops. How could I have possibly thought that the picture was submarine?
There are [em]trees[/em]in the background dammit! In mitigation I was very
intent on the text so I just glanced, read the caption, and sailed on.
Ooops. My mother did [em]try[/em] to teach me to look before I leap. No
wonder she's so grey (and I thought it was genetic).

Yours shamefaced.

Blunderov

(Anyone still wondering about the origins of my handle?)