Re: virus: Michelle: Fasting/Cleansing

From: Mermaid . (britannica@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Feb 01 2002 - 12:04:53 MST

[Michelle] Perhaps we can make this a little more topical by questioning why
some people believe in fasting with all their hearts and others denounce it
furiously? Why has the self-healing meme survived for so long in the fact
of modern medical advancements? Is it all mind-over-matter, the fact that
in so many cases it actually works?

[Mermaid]
#1. Prevention is better than cure.
#2. Modern medicine is not availbale to everyone and in every corner of the
world.
#3. Where it is not available, people still manage to survive and sometimes
even lead healthier lives. <If Wonder Bread is replacing the native and
traditional healthy food of Japanese populations, then we might have a
problem>
#4. Modern marvels, when its available, does not come with a cheap price
tag.
#5. Techonology might have made our lives easier, but every form of refuge
has its price.
#6. Sometimes simplicity has its benefits..:)
#7. I dont know about long periods of fasting. Regular fasting..once every
week/two weeks...or eating only fruits<not fruit juices tho'..but thats just
me> one day per week is good for the body. Balance and moderation is the
key. We are all different. We are all unique. We dont 'listen' to our
bodies. Our bodies always gives us little signals...important
messages...listen to your body and it will do you good in the long run!

Sorry to have dragged this out this far. I was only curious about the
sweetening ingredient of your lemonade. Refined products or bottled juices
will have betrayed the objective.