virus: A Response to Someone's "Mental Fasting"

From: Steele, Kirk A (SteeleKA@nafm.misawa.af.mil)
Date: Fri Feb 01 2002 - 22:15:46 MST

Please learn to argue/think critically and in logical sequence.
  define self healing:
  define interventive healing:
>From current sociological thinking invading into the medical community,
describe the THREE levels of INTERVENTION.

Deal with ONE assertion at a time. The morality of animal experimentation
has shiite to do with the validity of interventive medicine. ANY AND ALL
ASSOCIATIONS THEREOF are subsequent to and therefore irrelevant to the above
assertion. The mere coincidence of their association by PROXIMITY or
TRANSITIVE PROPERTY of ASSOCIATION is INVALID in proving or disproving your
first assertion.
THEY ARE DIFFERENT ARGUMENTS
DEAL WITH THEM SEPARATELY

"Every form of refuge has it's price" STOP STEALING LYRICS!! Don Henley
would not appreciate your usage!!

Here, lemme show you Merm:

[Kirk Steele]
I have TWO concern regarding my perceptions of the interface of "modern
medicine" and it's prospective patients.

"Modern medicine" is just that, MODERN, recent. Yet humanity survived
evolution of the environment. The human genome is intact in spite of our
environment. And WE did that without the benefit of "modern medicine". Yes.
True. So, what has modern medicine done for us?

What does the "average citizen in a post industrialised nation" derive from
several generations of access to "modern medicine"? Answer: Increased
life-span and increased quality of living. THESE ARE STATISTICAL AVERAGES.
There are plenty of anecdotes of how this has not happened for certain
individuals. BUT THE POPULATION AS A WHOLE is living LONGER and BETTER.

For the most part of the last century, health care, as a social institution,
had two paradigms about which it operated. Health care has traditionally
been a custodial institution, whereby only a select minority was allowed to
retain ALL knowledge about health care, exclusively. Only the doctor was
allowed to tell you how to take care of you, and if something went wrong,
you were expected to remand yourself to either his care or the care of a
hospital; to the custody of another.

Let's talk about "when something went wrong". This is a
reactive/interventive approach to health care. This "wait till you get sick
to go see the doctor" approach is very self serving for the hierarchically
closed society of health care professionals, doctors. This ensures that they
have a large customer base. It ensures that they are "needed" and therefore
can assert power. We the public MUST wait till we get sick before we seek a
knowledgeable health care provider, very self serving.

What happens if we educate, every child how to maintain their personal
biological machine in top running condition? What happens if we learn to
self remediate maladaptive physical behavior that could lead to disease
symptoms prior to the onset of the condition? The hypothesis I forward is
that Humanity would NEED (read - DEPEND) on far fewer institutions of health
care professionals to maintain the current levels of Quality of Life and
Longevity.

This hypothesis is testable. Saying "modern medicine is bad" is not
testable.
Hypothesis falls into the realm of knowledge, "Modern medicine is bad" is
belief.

ABOVE THE LINE - KNOWLEDGE - KIRKASAURUS WRECKS
BELOW THE LINE - BELIEF - MERMAID