Re: virus: How Christianity...my two cents...

From: joedees@bellsouth.net
Date: Tue Feb 05 2002 - 20:02:38 MST

On 5 Feb 2002 at 14:15, Bodie wrote:

> On Mon, 4 Feb 2002 joedees@bellsouth.net wrote:
>

> > Iraq invaded their neighbor Kuwait, and the international community, led
> > by the US but including several Muslim countries, cooperated in their
> > expulsion from that land. After playing a shell game with their nuclear,
> > biological and chemical weapons programs for many years (and getting
> > caught at it periodically), Saddam Hussein expelled UN inspectors. Iraq
> > has engaged in genocide against its Shiite minority in the south and its
> > Kurdish minority in the North, including the use of chemical weapons
> > against them, necessitating the establishment of no-fly zones in order to
> > protect the peoples indigenous to these areas (preventing some
> > Muslims in that country from murdering others en masse).
> > Arrangements have long been made for Iraq to sell more than ten billion
> > (that's 10,000,000,000) dollars worth of their oil each year in order to
> > feed their people, with increases each year; these funds have been
> > diverted from their intended use and funnelled into mass-destruction
> > weapons programs, the Iraqi military (notably the Republican Guards),
> > and the rebuilding of approximately 50 castles that Saddam Hussein
> > has established for himself across the country, while his people starve.
> > During retired Prez George Bush (41)'s visit to Saudi Arabia, an Iraqi-
> > instigated and funded plot was uncovered to assassinate him while he
> > was there. Several Saudi nationals were executed as conspirators.
> > Our airstrikes in and near the no-fly zones are directed at anti-aircraft
> > battyeries and radar installations, that co-ordinate to paint the US and
> > British patrols with radar to ascertain their positions and then fire upon
> > them.
>
> Yes, Iraq done wrong, but this is over a decade after and still the
> sanctions remain in place.

Saddam Hussein is still pursuing the manufacture and delivery
technology for weapons of mass destruction, rather than use the
revenues to assist his country's own people, and networking with
terrorist groups (an Iraqi envoy met with Mohammed Atta, the ringleader
of the WTC atrocity, twice in the months before the attack). They also
continue to attack British and US jets enforcing the no-fly zones we put
in place to halt genocides of Shiites in the south and Kurds in the north.

> There are still severe restrictions which
> means that almost all products are prevented from getting into Iraq, for
> example, the US refuses to supply Iraq with water purification equipment
> that could save thousands of lives because they claim it could be used to
> build weapons.

It could; chlorine is a major manufacturing component in chemical
weapons, and equipment used to cleanse water could be modified to
purify toxins.

> I don't know how the US expects Iraq to defeat they're
> entire army with clean water - that must've been an interesting cabenet
> meeting :) This is just one example amoung lots of others I could've used
> to show how stupid these so called 'smart sanctions' are (although with
> the inteligence of the president it's not hard to see why they're called
> smart sanctions)

These sanctions have been in place for three presidents. And the
Kurdish villagers that Sadam gassed would tell you, if they were still
alive to do so, just how stupid it is to supply the wherewithal to
manufacture such weapons to a sick, twisted and demented fuckwad
who has shown no compunction whatsoever about using them against
minorities in his own country.

> The sanctions imposed on Iraq allow for less than $100 per person per
> year, and thats if the money is devided equally, as we know it's not,
> with the lion share going to build Sadams castles, so the actual figure is
> probably far less than half that. How many people here could live on $50
> a year?

The balme for that lies ENTIRELY at the feet of Saddam Hussein; do
you REALLY think that those poor people would see any part of an
increased allotment? Naah; his WMD programs, his castles and his
republican guards would just grow fatter, happier, more numerous, and
deadlier.