Re: virus: How Christianity...my two cents...

From: Bodie (mclarkc@essex.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 02:27:30 MST

On Tue, 5 Feb 2002 joedees@bellsouth.net wrote:

> Saddam Hussein is still pursuing the manufacture and delivery
> technology for weapons of mass destruction, rather than use the
> revenues to assist his country's own people, and networking with
> terrorist groups (an Iraqi envoy met with Mohammed Atta, the ringleader
> of the WTC atrocity, twice in the months before the attack). They also
> continue to attack British and US jets enforcing the no-fly zones we put
> in place to halt genocides of Shiites in the south and Kurds in the north.

Of corse Sadam is a bit pissed off, wouldn't you want to build up some
arms if war planes were flying over you terrotory and periodicly bombing
them. Last time America bombed Iraq even Clinton didn't know why. Theres
evil on both sides

> It could; chlorine is a major manufacturing component in chemical
> weapons, and equipment used to cleanse water could be modified to
> purify toxins.

It's a bit like refusing to give a starving man a cream pie because he
might throw it back in your face. Water purification equipment could save
thousands of lives of innocent people,

> These sanctions have been in place for three presidents. And the
> Kurdish villagers that Sadam gassed would tell you, if they were still
> alive to do so, just how stupid it is to supply the wherewithal to
> manufacture such weapons to a sick, twisted and demented fuckwad
> who has shown no compunction whatsoever about using them against
> minorities in his own country.

Then if they've been in place for that long it must show that the
sanctions aren't working. Millions of people in Iraq have been murdered
as a direct result of sanctions, and this hasn't stopped entirely the
Iraqi attack on the kurds or sheites.

> The balme for that lies ENTIRELY at the feet of Saddam Hussein; do
> you REALLY think that those poor people would see any part of an
> increased allotment? Naah; his WMD programs, his castles and his
> republican guards would just grow fatter, happier, more numerous, and
> deadlier.

Another reason why the sanctions aren't working, because all the money is
going to the republican guard. The only way to stop the slaughter in Iraq
it to take out the sanctions completely