RE: virus: Response to Joe Dees. "Is the US a Rogue Nation?"

From: Blunderov (squooker@mweb.co.za)
Date: Fri Feb 08 2002 - 04:49:02 MST

RE: virus: Response to Joe Dees. "Is the US a Rogue Nation?" Fri 2002/02/08
04:50, joedees@bellsouth.net

<snip>
[quote]
Okay, let's be even handed; not restrain either side, and sell weapons
to both, and not care ourselves, either. You like? I thought not. [/quote]
<snap>

[Blunderov]
I would prefer it if the USA were to unstitch the Star of David from the
Stars and Stripes altogether.

<snip>
[quote]
That would make the Palestinians our enemy, since they have
consistently allied themselves those who wish the US ill; first Iraq, then
Iran. Remember that the terrorist that Iran is sheltering, Imad
Mugniyah, who arranged for the Iranian weapons shipment to the
Palestinians via Karime
[/quote]
<snap>

[Blunderov]
I don't understand. The Palestinians should be grateful to the USA for all
the F16 shipments, the patriot anti-missile missile installations, the very
extensive "educational" aid, a veto in the UN (available on request) and etc
that goes to Israel? The Palestinians are plainly unreasonable to take
umbrage at such commonplace, if rather one-sided, transactions, and should
at no time attempt to secure a source of weapons for themselves, because
they would then, by definition, become loathsome terrorists? It is amazing
to me that, even now, America does not appreciate just how much it's
unstinting support of Israel had to do with the attacks on the WTC and
Pentagon.

It is clear that the Israelis cannot, at this stage, be asked to pack up
their tents and return to from whence they came, neither is it reasonable to
expect the Palestinians to accept a marginal existence in the land of their
birth. It is also clear that, in the global scheme of things, a solution has
never been more urgently needed.

Perhaps the time has come to insist upon an equitable partition of Israel
and an international peacekeeping force? I fear the more this situation goes
on as it is, the more tears will be shed, and many of them will be American.

Or is there another plan that might rid the USA of what it turning out to be
a very smelly albatross indeed?

Regards

Blunderov.