RE: virus: How Christian Is Joedees??? my two cents...

From: athe nonrex (athenonrex@godisdead.com)
Date: Mon Feb 11 2002 - 13:37:04 MST

[Kalkor]
In addition, athenonrex, your anthropomorphizing of "words" by calling them
>"decietful" or "truthful" makes me discount everything else you say as the
>maunderings of a lunatic. Just my reaction; anyone else doing this?
>
>Kalkor
>sticking my fingers in my ears and babbling...

[athenonrex]
firstly, i did not imply that you specifically were incapable of understanding, or incapable of looking up words in the dictionary(yes i have heard of books, so try condescending in a different manner please) but i was stating that the use of "large" words when "small" words will do is superfulus. i never impied that poeple in general cannot look up a word in the dictionary, or the thesaurus, but it complicates things beyond how much complication is necessary. the difference between saying "an iron hexagonal device used in tandem with a threaded cylindrical pin for the use of fastening two objects together" and "nuts and bolts" is a great difference; one is direct,well known and more easily accessable to the brains memory engrams, one is extraineous(sorry, did i spell that right? my selling has gone to shit as of late.) and superfulus.

and as to my "anthropomorphizing" of words, it is a very vald literary tool called "personification," firstly, and secondly, i was notsaying the WORDS were "decietful" or "truthful," but rather the context in which they were used. surely you can understand that. that you find my thoughts to be the "maunderings of a lunatic" i chalk it up to your loss, for though you may never agree with me, you have already lost for esteeming those with like mind over those with opinions that differ. when you do so, you los the ability to see another perspective.

ta..