Re: virus: Cannabinoid receptors and munchies : reprise

From: Bill Roh (billroh@churchofvirus.com)
Date: Mon Feb 11 2002 - 15:47:50 MST

comments inline

ben wrote:

> I don't see it at all as a freedom of speech issue actually, since nowhere
> is any citizen guaranteed the right to express themselves over someone
> else's bandwidth.

Neither do I, I wasn't thinking in the literal 1st amendment manner - just the
practical aspects of it.

> If I owned a TV station, I would certainly want to retain
> the right to control the content on that station, and don't begrudge those
> lucky enough to be in that position that same right.

Again I agree EXCEPT, I think it is in poor character to not permit opposing
viewpoints, even if paid for, to air. This would be the case for us as any
viewpoint that openly challenges the Judeo-Christian mythology would be
summarily turned down. As I try to fair, I can understand why the clan cannot by
an ad on ABC, this is a hate group. However, we are by no means a hate group. We
simply do not follow the a god, and for those reasons alone would not be
permitted to advertise.

> What angered me was the
> hypocrisy of a government telling people what they can and can't do to their
> own bodies, forcing an entire sub-economy underground, and then trying to
> make the people feel guilty for the inevitable result of that government's
> own actions.

That angers me as well, but that is par for the course. I expect it. And this is
by no means a new tactic.

best to you Ben

Bill Roh