virus: Battleground God

From: Jonathan Davis (jon.davis@iomartdsl.com)
Date: Sat Feb 16 2002 - 03:30:04 MST

http://www.philosophers.co.uk/games/god.htm

I got a medal of honour!

Rules of the game
_________________

The aim of the game is to get across the intellectual battleground
unscathed. There are two types of injury you can suffer.

A direct hit occurs when you answer in a way which implies a logical
contradiction. We have been very careful to make sure that only strict
contradictions result in a direct hit. However, we do make two caveats.

First, because you only have choices between pre-selected and carefully
worded statements, you might find that you have taken a direct hit
because the statement closest to your own conviction leads into a
contradiction. However, had you phrased the statement yourself, you may
have been able to avoid the contradiction while expressing a very
similar belief.

Such possibilities are unavoidable given the constraints on the game. We
merely ask that you do not take it personally if you suffer a direct hit
and don't get too frustrated if the choices we offer you sometimes seem
to force you into a choice you'd rather not make.

You have to bite a bullet if your choices have an implication that most
would find strange, incredible or unpalatable. There is more room for
disagreement here, since what strikes many people as extraordinary or
bizarre can strike others as normal. So, again, please do not get too
upset if we judge you have bitten a bullet. Maybe it is our world-view
which is warped!