virus: "Don't bother, there here."

From: Steele, Kirk A (SteeleKA@nafm.misawa.af.mil)
Date: Sat Feb 16 2002 - 08:26:56 MST

-----Original Message-----
From: L' Ermit [mailto:lhermit@hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2002 11:44 AM
To: virus@lucifer.com
Subject: virus: Do I hear a patter of clones? Check the fine-print
claws.

"The knowledge we gain from cloning these animals could greatly affect
several areas of science and medicine," said H. Richard Adams, dean of the
College of Veterinary Medicine. "With each successful cloned species, we
learn more about cloning procedures and how to make the process more
efficient."

[Kirk]
Yeah, heard about this one too. But did you also hear that all of the Univ.
of Tokyo mice clones died of old age at 1 third of their normal lifespan?
Two or three weeks ago?

All this "successful cloning news" is just noise to help keep the funding
alive. NO ONE has yet to come up with the way to get passed the Hayflick
Limit. No body. So, no matter how many successes these places rack up, we
still have not found the fountain of youth, silver bullet, for ANY of the
proposed uses of cloning.

Find me a meiotic replication of telomeres on the chromatids PRIOR to the
cloning process! Then I'll mail in my donations to 1-900-CLONEME.

Short of that, I'll have a clone on rye, hold the mayo, heavy on the
sauerkraut.

Kirkasaurus Wrecks