Re: virus: The world keeps on spinning...

From: Bill Roh (billroh@churchofvirus.com)
Date: Mon Feb 25 2002 - 16:40:38 MST

C'mon Ben, you know Anthenonrex is right. I have no doubt that he scribbles
these messages in the sand and lets a computerized barbarian send the mail to
us. In the meantime, he lives in his hut, wipes his ass with leaves and grass
and bathes in a stream. Unfortunately his life expectancy is 30 none of his
children will survive due to their malnutrition or some other malady that wipes
out the unvaccinated, unfattened, and elemently unprotected. . Fortunately Anth
lives next to a cotton farmer so he sneaks in at night to steal enough cotton
for his barely post pubescent but pregnant wife to turn into thread, then cloth.
With this she keeps the children she tries to bear from freezing, then she
buries the babies in them cause they could not survive in "nature.". Of course,
Anth has no hunting skills, or seed (A development of the modern man). I wonder
how long you could forage before running out of food entirely. There are no
vegans in nature.

Sometimes I think that the Vegans only experience with nature is from children's
shows, and preachers books. The ones where the lamb lies with the lion as
something other than food. Where one loaf can be magically made into many. Where
the children are never hungry and go to sleep when it is bedtime.

Maybe if they changed their idea of what nature should be to what nature is,
life would get a lot easier. In nature (the only "nature" on this planet) in the
year 2002, humans are modern. It is natural for humans to learn mathematics,
drive cars and build buildings. Living in nature really means to live a modern
lifestyle. We are nature and whatever we do is what defines human nature.

I don't mean to say that all the things you mentioned below - such as
rainforests, warming, etc... aren't real and bad things. I am only saying that
a reversion to primitivism is not in the interests of our DNA. If Vegans, or
other naturalists were actually interested in improving things, they would
abandon the "save nature at all costs" idea and jump on the media wagon. You
need to make the people think differently - and do it in a positive manner. Make
them feel responsible for it's beauty, not it's misery. Encourage business
practices that make environmentalism more attractive and profitable through law.
There is a system that works in place. Right now it works best for the majority,
which happen to be somewhat rational, a whole lot reactionary and on the whole,
disinterested in most anything that does not directly affect them (save major
events). The changes we need will take years, but slowly the tide is turning,
very slowly.

Bill Roh