Re: virus: The world keeps on spinning...

From: athe nonrex (athenonrex@godisdead.com)
Date: Sat Mar 02 2002 - 14:53:09 MST

--- Bill Roh <billroh@churchofvirus.com> wrote:
>Sorry Athe - but you are wroing about your facts. You CAN be fired for your
>choice of sexual partners, but you cannot be fired for your political views. I
>don't know why you got such a basic and well understood aspect of your basic
>protections confused, but I advise you to consider that perhaps it is your
>distaste for the average person that you are projecting here. That and hoping
>that the people you see as discriminated against will be your cadres.
>
>I think you give way too much credit to the anarchists. People don't hate
>anarchists. They aren't discriminated against particularly. They are ignored as
>insignificant cause, well, they are. If you are not a productive part of the
>social contract, and refuse to participate, and refuse to help, then you qualify
>as a waste of time, and a burden.
>
>As for your discrimination list, the only group I see there that has a real bone
>is the black man or woman. There is no doubt that, for many reasons, they face
>serious discrimination issues. I'm surprised you did not put atheists on your
>list. We seem quite discriminated against. We can't run for office - an
>anarchist can. We can't pledge our flag, testify in most courts, spend US
>currency etc... all cause we refuse to recognize a god. Oh sure, we can lie and
>participate - but our participation in these things requires dishonesty - and
>that does not sit well with me.

[athenonrex]
actually, the survey had a total of the top seventeen most
discriminated aginst groups in the united states. i believe
atheists were #7 or 8. by the way, this suvey was found in
the december issue of motherjones magazine of 2001.

[bill]
"Oh sure, we can lie and
>participate - but our participation in these things requires dishonesty - and
>that does not sit well with me."

[athenonrex]
you're saying that anarchists refuse to participate in society
so they shouldn't complain, right? well, for anarchists,most
of them anyway, participating in society in general would
require that they be dishonest. and also, i have found with
most anarchists, they dislike participating in dishonesty,
more so with lying to themselves than anything. so how is it
any different that you, an atheist (notice the "athe" in my name,
it does mean something...), do not wish to be dishonest, especially
to yourself by participating in society?