Re:virus: Announcing the Virus BBS

From: Mermaid (britannica@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 05 2002 - 14:01:04 MST

[quote author=David Lucifer link=board=16;threadid=11523;start=0#40442 date=1015357079]
[quote author=Mermaid link=board=16;threadid=11523;start=0#40436 date=1015354764]
question: who can lock topics in the mailing list? and what exactly constitutes \'sticky\'?[/quote]
Moderators and Admins can lock topics (which means replies are no longer enabled).

Sticky topics always appear at the top of the list of threads for a board. Non-sticky topics appear in order of last message posted.
[/quote]

re sticky topics, its about order in which it was recd and not about content. Did I get that one right?

Bear with me.

[list]
[*]Replies made through the board to CoV mailing list wont necessarily reach the mailing list member\'s inbox? But the opposite is true. Am I wrong?
[*]The \'sticky topic\' feature ensures that a reply to a topic posted a couple of months ago will not be lost as it will turn up at the top of the board. Did I understand that right?
[*]Is there a feature that announces how many new messages have been posted since the last login?
[*]Ikon Board also has a feature that hides members names who wish to remain anonymous. Can we have that here too...:)
[/list]
I like the BBS. Thanks.

----
This message was posted by Mermaid to the Virus 2002 board on Church of Virus BBS.
<http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=16;action=display;threadid=11523>