virus: "Maybe we've just redefined inhumanity here,".....

From: Walter Watts (wlwatts@cox.net)
Date: Thu Mar 07 2002 - 20:50:10 MST

They seem to be at such a loss for words over this incident.
I don't understand the big deal.

Just another fine example of Homo Sapien "roaming the fitness landscape,
trying things".

Thank you once again, Mr. Daniel Dennett, for that absolutely wonderful
phraseology.

Walter

Man Left to Bleed to Death in Windshield

March 7, 2002 11:41 am EST

FORT WORTH, Texas (Reuters) - A Texas nurse's aide faces murder charges
after hitting a man as she drove and then letting him bleed to death
over two to three days while he was trapped in her car's windshield,
police said on Thursday.

Gregory Glen Biggs, 37, was hurled headfirst through the windshield by
the impact, his broken legs lying across the car's hood, Fort Worth
police spokesman Lt. Jesse Hernandez said.

Chante Mallard, 25, told investigators she panicked after hitting the
man on a Fort Worth highway near her home one night last October. She
drove to her house, parked the car in her garage and ignored his pleas
for help, police said.

Biggs, who lived in a city homeless shelter, died of blood loss and
shock over the course of two to three days, according to the coroner's
report. He probably would have survived with medical attention, police
said.

Mallard was arrested on Wednesday after police received a tip in the
investigation that started with the discovery of Biggs' body in a park,
where it was apparently dumped after he died.

"I'm going to have to come up with a new word. Indifferent isn't enough.
Cruel isn't enough to say. Heartless? Inhumane? Maybe we've just
redefined inhumanity here," Tarrant County Assistant District Attorney
Richard Alpert told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, which first reported
the arrest.

Mallard told police she had been drinking and taking the drug Ecstasy
before the accident.

Police said a search of Mallard's home found the car still in the garage
with the windshield broken and blood and hair evidence intact.

--
Walter Watts
Tulsa Network Solutions, Inc.