virus: Re:Faith Schools Latest

From: Hermit (hidden@lucifer.com)
Date: Fri Mar 15 2002 - 03:20:58 MST

[Richard 1]
[Hermit 2]

[quote author=Richard Ridge link=board=16;threadid=11623;start=0#40711 date=1016186701]
<snip>
[Richard 1]

The worst for me was listening to a Bishop say that creationism and evolution are compatible - with Genesis apparently showing the course of evolution over seven days. So you see, it\'s nothing more than an argument about timescales really...

[quote]I can\'t tell yet if these games of \"My god is better than your god! Yeah, well my god will beat up your god!\" amuse me or depress me.[/quote]

I know just what you mean ;)

More on this story:[/quote]

[url=http://www.newscientist.com/news/news.jsp?id=ns99992045]Creationism row reaches the UK, 16:06 14 March 02[/url]

[url=http://politics.guardian.co.uk/publicservices/story/0,11032,667054,00.html]Ofsted alerted over creationist school, Tania Branigan and Michael White, The Guardian, Thursday March 14, 2002[/url]
[hr]
[Hermit 2]

As always Richard I thank you. I really liked this quote in the New Scientist, and thought that many other Virians might like it too:

[quote]This has outraged many of the UK\'s most prominent scientists. Richard Dawkins, Oxford University\'s Professor of the Public Understanding of Science, said: \"Creation as literally depicted in Genesis is indeed supported by faith and needs to be, since it is not supported by anything else.\"

\"Evolution, on the other hand, is supported by evidence,\" he wrote in an editorial in The Guardian newspaper.[/quote]

----
This message was posted by Hermit to the Virus 2002 board on Church of Virus BBS.
<http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=16;action=display;threadid=11623>