virus: Ahhhhhhhhhh.....murcan

From: Steele, Kirk A (SteeleKA@nafm.misawa.af.mil)
Date: Sat Mar 16 2002 - 02:05:20 MST

Violet, you violate various vicissitudes of verbal volition. Alliteration
and onomatopoeia on not among them. Those are some of my vices. But
anyway.....

Some time ago, I heard a nationally acclaimed comedian who was rather
pungent in his lampooning of the sitting white house, while playing a piano,
made mention of the alternate origin of the name of our nation, Amur'cah.

It seems as though the validity of the the Vespuchi tale was being
supplanted by the notion that our etiological heratige derives from a rather
concupiscent article of attire. In centuries past, the appearance of the
body, within the confines of confining fashion, debuted. Cloistering
clothing of various raiment saw fashion favor by all sexes, as there were
openly more than a measly two of the pesky definitions floating around in
common usage during this period.

The corset was created to impart that narrowed appearance of the waist. The
intention of this modification was to highlight the secondary sexual
characteristics of a person by emphasizing the dimensional aspects of one's
physique. Narrow waist, broad chest, was desired by some. Narrow waist, nice
braod, cushiony, pillowy, soft........er excuse me....baby making hips and
derriere was desired by others. Well, it didn't stop there.

Womans clothierres saw fit to raise the bar, by raising the breasts. Men,
not to be outdone in this emblematic gamesmenship of sexual semiotics
countered with the codpiece.

Well, it seems as though another matter of minor regard was brewing abroad.
An upstart bunch of colonialist were of the mind to strut their stuff in the
face of the porphyrric fewl, King George. Wandering around the wilderness of
the new land had given rise to a sense of independance and disregard for
previous norms of conformity. Yeah, these colonies had his tea tax. They had
his tea tax hanging!

So when a nation grabbed their collective codpieces and said "Tax this!",
the folks back in gr8 Britain must have wondered why we were all grabbing
our mirkins. "Hm, Mirkins"

Yup, I'm a'mirkin.

KirkafreakinGAWDdamnedsoreASSED Wrecks