Re: virus: purely metaphysical

From: athe nonrex (athenonrex@godisdead.com)
Date: Thu Mar 21 2002 - 16:37:56 MST

[Bill Roh]
I know of no "god" notion that works with what we know to be true about the Universe around us. You keep saying that
>the existence of god cannot be proven either way. I think that it is more likely - and just stop and think about it for a
>while, that you have god issues that you cannot put to bed becasue you WANT there to be a god. Some bit of you keeps avoiding
>the reality that god is, like language, an invention of man. Visualize in your mind that there is a very real seperation
>between what man makes up and exists in the world of ideas, and what man discovers through the scientific process to be true
>about the universe around him. I know of no case where an idea went to physicality without the act of invention.

[athenonrex]
you got me, i'm a god boy. that's right, i'm a jesus freak, too.
*snickers in regard to his own sarcasm*

but really, you said,
"I know of no "god" notion that works with what we know to be true about the Universe around us."

but the qaballa (sp?) suggests that god is an entity that lives outside
of time, and therefore, isn't within this universe, per se.
not that this is relevent to anything, i just thought i'd offer it as
a response to your quote.

question: why do you think i would be afraid to accept the notion
that god is not real? i actually don't believe that there is a god,
or gods, but the possibility still remains. i was only arguing aginst
what you offered to me. (by the way, that reminds me, wasn't this
thread *supposed* to be about the nature of existance in general,
instead of the existance of god(s)? i think so, but what do i know, i
only started it... =%|