Re:virus: purely metaphysical

From: Hermit (hidden@lucifer.com)
Date: Thu Mar 21 2002 - 19:36:07 MST

[Rhinoceros 1]
[Hermit 2]

[Hermit 2] Thanks for an exellent post, rhinoceros.

[Rhinoceros 1] These concepts can also produce results in reality -- we might even bio-engineer unicorns

[Hermit 2] This certainly was done in South Africa, where a vetinary surgeon at U Stel implanted goat tissue onto the heads of miniature horses to produce tiny unicorns as part of an unofficial \"improbable research\" project. A totally delightful and highly marketable notion... Unfortunately, despite diligent research, at the last time I spoke with them (sometime in the 1990s), they had not discovered any way to reproduce the \"invisible pink\" coloration that would have been the next logical objective for their project. I have seen nothing in the journals or on the net to suggest that the research has been continued, and given the catastrophic reductions in funding of research in South Africa (except perhaps for even more improbable notions - like using rat poison to fight AIDs), suspect that it is likely that the project has long been abandoned.

Kind Regards

Hermit

----
This message was posted by Hermit to the Virus 2002 board on Church of Virus BBS.
<http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=16;action=display;threadid=11635>