RE: virus: purely metaphysical

From: Blunderov (squooker@mweb.co.za)
Date: Sat Mar 23 2002 - 11:03:50 MST

[Blunderov]
To return to athenonrex's original question [quote] HOW does the universe
exist[/quote]:

Today I had the happy experience of having the scales fall from my eyes. The
agency of this damascene revelation was a book, perhaps one already well
known to virians, \The dancing wu li masters (An overview of the new
physics) Gary Zukav, Rider and Company/ Hutchinson & Co. (Publishers) Ltd,
First published 1979, ISBN 0 09 139400 7 cased, 0 09 1394901 5 paper)

[quote] Photons do not exist by themselves. [em] All that exists by itself
is an unbroken wholeness [/em] that presents itself to us as webs (more
patterns) of relations. Individual entities are idealizations which are
correlations made by us.

In short, the physical world, according to quantum mechanics, is: ... not a
structure built out of independently existing unanalyzable entities, but
rather a web of relationships between elements whose meanings arise wholly
from their relationships to the whole. (Stapp) [/quote]

[/me] Blunderov is totally blown away ! BIG light bulb. (Maybe I'm a bit
slow on the uptake, but this one was worth waiting for)

I can recommend this book even tho' I have only traversed about a third of
it so far. It explains quantum mechanics without any mathematics and is
charmingly written. Each chapter is \chapter one\ because each dance is a
new dance, each lesson a new lesson. Wu li, by the way, means \patterns of
organic energy\.

Shattered and delighted.

Blunderov