Re:virus: politics test/mix

From: rhinoceros (rhinoceros@freemail.gr)
Date: Tue Apr 16 2002 - 19:33:48 MDT

[arcadia]
No system is better than the people in it. But I think people have to -decide- to be good, and that if they do that then \'the system\' works, and does not in itself prevent any good thing.

[rhinoceros]
There is something that puzzles me here. Should all the people in every country decide to be good for this to work?

If so, is this possible? How? Education?
If not, a bunch of greedy or power-hungry people could make the \"good\" people take defensive and counterattacking measures, and history would start all over again.

[arcadia]
In other words, I don\'t think revolution against the institutions is necessary. They aren\'t the problem. We are. The problem with Congress is not that it\'s \'worse\' than the average person, but just that it\'s not any better.

[rhinoceros]
This seems to makes sense, because the Congressmen are elected by the people and they have to represent their desires, fears, prejudices, etc. However, there are other players too: Corporations promoting their own agenda (more below) and mass media trapping the people in a vicious circle. How can the people become \"good\" against these odds?

[arcadia]
Look. The average person is in debt to the usurers, sold out to the corporate boss, and keeps a straight face while telling his children america is a democracy. Congressmen are the same.

[rhinoceros]
Let me throw in another notion here: Large corporations are cybernetic entities with their own volition, seeking market share and profit. When an executive thinks or speaks for a corporation, he is not a person. He has to maximize market share and profit, or else he is expendable and someone else will do it. So, it is irrelevant whether he is \"good\" or not. Comments anyone?

----
This message was posted by rhinoceros to the Virus 2002 board on Church of Virus BBS.
<http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=51;action=display;threadid=25358>