Re:virus: Virus: Empathy Vanishes was: Eugene Leitl disses Hermitish markup

From: rhinoceros (rhinoceros@freemail.gr)
Date: Mon Apr 22 2002 - 07:41:02 MDT

[rhinoceros 0] Not that I try to be bitter or sarcastic, but a significant percentage of the currently active posters seem to display a consensus shift in regard to the virtue of empathy.

[Kalkor 1] Excellent point! And no, it does not seem bitter or sarcastic from my perspective at least.

[Kalkor 1] The point I would like to discuss is the definition of empathy, and how there appears to you at least, to be a consensus shift. The Virian Virtues page describes empathy as:
<snip>

[rhinoceros 2] That is the way I see it too, but when I was talking about being bitter or sarcastic I had in mind my other point too: "a significant percentage of the currently active posters".

[rhinoceros 2] Besides the fact that we (the posters) are not that many, I noticed that some new posters, who contributed interesting thoughts, backed away. You just cannot walk into a battlefield and talk about science, art, or philosophy.

----
This message was posted by rhinoceros to the Virus 2002 board on Church of Virus BBS.
<http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=51;action=display;threadid=25404>