RE: virus: this is the world we live in...death comes in threes

From: John Jurgens (squooker@mweb.co.za)
Date: Tue May 07 2002 - 00:34:59 MDT

My commiserations and condolences to atthenonrex for his recent losses.
I'm not sure that death comes in threes exactly, but Shakespeare did
remark that
"troubles come not singly but in battalions".

With regard to motor vehicles: I think it telling that a man-made object
has become the 3rd or 4th leading cause of death in most countries. If a
hypothetical country was inflicting that many deaths per year on a
neighbor there would, without doubt, be a war.

It's odd to reflect that at least some of the judges who prevented
Dianne Pretty from having assistance in her right to terminate her own
life, probably used a motor vehicle to get to court. They will
presumably have made peace with fact that there is a reasonably
possibility that they might kill someone on the way.

Warm regards

Blunderov