Re:virus: Neodeism

From: Bodie (mclarkc@essex.ac.uk)
Date: Wed May 08 2002 - 03:51:56 MDT

Hermit, I know I've said this before, but it's not god to totally dismiss
all myth as just that. Some myth has some remote basis in reality, and we
can learn a lot about human psychology through the way that myths are
written down. I don't think it's completely unbelieveable that the
isralites were used as slaves in egypt, the geographic location certainly
makes it possible and it's fact that the egyptians used a lot of slaves to
make the pyramids. I don't find it unbelievable that someone may have
led a slave rebelion and then fled to israel. It may not have happened,
but we can't just automaticly assume that everything the bible says is
completely made up out of the blue, some of it may have a tenuous basis in
reality. Anchient people were easily led and if someone told them he was
in contact with god and gave them their freedom, then they might start to
believe it.