Re: virus: They can put words in our mouths

From: Julien Nebbout (julien@paranormal.se)
Date: Fri May 17 2002 - 02:35:13 MDT

I doubt that this "new" perspective really is new to a lot of people.
Surveillance tapes have allways been shown with the best of the owner in
mind. Now, instead of simply _not_ showing the tape when they have
nothing on you, they can simply falsify it. Not a huge difference in praxis.

However, this could be an unexpected allied in the struggle against a
police state/big brother dystopia. (THX1138 anyone?) It might change
video surveillance back into simple motiondetection or similar, thus
crippling one of the most intrusive fashions in modern time.

....I really should get a signature.